Notice Of Privacy Practices
Thank you for visiting the CalNonprofits Insurance Services (CNIS) website and reviewing our privacy and security statement. At CNIS, we value your business and are committed to protecting your privacy in everything we do. In the course of providing products and services, we may obtain nonpublic personal and medical information about you. Below is an explanation of how we use this information. If you have any questions, please contact us at Privacy@Cal-Insurance.org.
Information Collection and Use:
We may collect nonpublic personal and medical information about you, when voluntarily provided to us, from the following sources:
- from an application or other forms you send to us
- from your dealings with us
- from our website (e.g. email address, name or your organization, etc.)
The information is used:
- to contact you with the services in which you have expressed an interest
- to have a non-affiliated third party perform a business function for us as allowed by law (e.g. various insurance carriers, claims administrators, online enrollment services, etc.)
- upon request by an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority to prevent fraud
- for marketing other products and services by us or our parent organization, California Association of Nonprofits, unless you ask us not to
- do not sell this information to anyone
- maintain appropriate safeguards to protect the information
- require any organization that provides assistance with administering or providing services on our behalf to also maintain the confidentiality of this information
Additional Safeguards: We restrict access to the information to authorized individuals who need to know this information in order to provide service and products.
We may collect information that is not personal information about users to measure traffic on the site. This information is collected on an aggregate basis through the use of a “cookie” or small text file placed on the user’s hard drive by the user’s Internet browser. The cookie allows us to track the number of hits or visits to various pages on the site. The cookie is used only during a single connection to the site, and is not used to track user activity after leaving the site. The cookie is permanently disabled when the user exits the site, and information about individual users is not collected, saved or distributed to others by us except as provided for in this policy. Aggregate information helps us understand users’ needs, improve the site, and demonstrate to others the volume and nature of site traffic. Aggregate information may be shared with third parties as described in the section “Information Collection and Use”.
This site contains links to other sites. CalNonprofits Insurance Services is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites. We strongly recommend you read the privacy statements of the other websites you visit.
Although this site is intended for the use of adults, the forms on this site could collect information from children under age 13 who furnish it without parental consent or notification. Such information shall be deleted upon discovery or notification.
How You Can Access, Correct, or Request Further Information:
You can access, correct, or request further information regarding your personally identifiable information by sending us a written request to:
CalNonprofits Insurance Services Attn: Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 640 Capitola, CA 95010
Your written request must include:
- your name
- your address
- your telephone number
- your policy/group number
- explanation/details of request
Requests of this nature are subject to authentication of your identity. We will then make the requested change(s) or notify you of the reason(s) we cannot do so.
We appreciate your business.